Monday, March 22, 2010

Its Official: Chris Evans is Captain America


Well after a small casting war where every actor in his twenties with blond hair, blue eyes, and an athletic build (even a few who weren't, how does it feel to be the odd man out, Krasinski?) it has finally been announced:

Chris Evans is Captain America.

Apparently Evans was the studio's favorite though director Joe Johnston wanted John Krasinski, even taking it as far as have Krasinski test with various actresses being considered for the love interest and had him test with stars of other Marvel films. But I have to say that I am very happy with the final choice.

Though I'm not a fan of the Fantastic Four films (don't even get me started on how they butchered Doctor Doom) I thought that Evans as The Human Torch was easily the best thing of those two films. With Evans just announced and Hugo Weaving in talks as the Red Skull it looks like the Captain America film is finally shaping up.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this film heats up over the months to come and especially the first shot of Evans in the iconic costume. I keep saying it, but in 2011 three of my favorite heroes have movies coming out and I'm hoping Hollywood doesn't fuck them up.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me happy. I just can't see poor John Krasinski as anything other than a pathetic puppy dog everyman type. Every movie should have a super hero in it.

    ReplyDelete